Journal for Da11as

If you would like to share your Journal, this is the place to post.

Re: Journal for Da11as

Postby Da11as » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks Cookie....
I read back and is all topsy turvy for me as well, so I am starting afresh and taking daily readings

I have misplaced most colour charts :-x

so I have posted pics of test tubes, and the KH = 2 drops and the GH = 5 drops now

I do use API test kits

The order of the tubes are as follows from left to right ---> PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate I have also posted photos of tank to the best of my ability

Okay did a water change on Monday - usual day, but did a large WC 56 Litres, due to a dead fish in the system (he was never well and just slowly dying) then a couple of days after the WC and i did add stress zyme to to tank as I always do, the other fish had died, one I am able to give a reasonable reason as to why the others I couldn't, thus the reading I gave yesterday.

Here is some pics of the tank now (I apologise for the glare)

Hooroo, take care and keep safe... and remember the best way to describe an aussie? We got your back mate
Da11as

Postby cookie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Da11as

Looks like you better get more colour charts.

I was suggesting that you put every thing in one post not bits and pieces please.

If you could not work out your posts my old brain would have no hope.

Spend some time in doing it please.

Write it all out in a word Doc first, that means you will not have to write it all out just copy and paste in the Doc, clean it all up then post it.

By that I mean remove all the unnecessary bits and pieces.

You can add the photo links as you go along.

It can be Previewed and checked long before it is posted.

I would also suggest you do the http://www.aqadvisor.com/ and post all info you put into it plus all the results

Keith :D :D
Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.

5ft Placitity Tank

I VOTEImageDO YOU ?

-TO ENTER and VOTE CICK AquaRank NOW-
cookie
Ole King Neptune....ADVISOR

Postby Da11as » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Thanks Cookie i shall...

Ammonia/Nitrite I know is 0
Nitrate is extremely low
what I am doing now is keeping a tab and table on readings as well as noting down each thing as I see it. Its the PH, GH and KH that is confusing me muchly
Hooroo, take care and keep safe... and remember the best way to describe an aussie? We got your back mate
Da11as

Postby Da11as » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 am

Seeing as it has been forever in a year since this has been posted to I thought I would let people know what has happened since...

well the plants don't like it they either keep dying or getting eaten, and I have a billion pests - MTS in the tank, not sure how they got in there, but I will slowly deal with those, I am yet to add more plants - just to scared to for fear of upsetting the substrate and also every time I tried to add ferts previously to the tank I would lose fish :( or at least they would become very sick... possibly due to overdosing???

but for now... the tank is strong and healthy, am yet to add more driftwood, plants and rocks, but below are a few pics....

1:) BN in the background

2:) BN on a small DW

3:) BN on log with Tetra's
Da11as

Postby Da11as » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:51 am

more piccies....

4:) Angel look straight at cam

5:) Angel swimming by

6:) My big baby
Da11as

Postby Da11as » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:09 am

MY DW! - finally sinking oh the god's have looked down and finally felt pity on me... :) still not ready but finally leaching tannins out, so almost ready, within 1x month it should be ready, and the I shall finally start to have the look I am trying to achieve on the tank. As someone famously states - good things take time
Da11as

Postby Da11as » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I commented on here but anyway... I look back and I see how much I have learnt since I 1st started my hand at fishkeeping, I currently have 3x rummy nose, 2x black widows, 5x khuli loaches, 4x angels, 2x bristlenose, 2x other fish - forget breed, 1x glowlight tetra, 1x SAE. and a thousand snails, I have worked out a half capful of flourish not before 24x hours after waterchange is best, still feeding every 2 -3x days, added some fake plants to fill in gaps until I am able to buy more real plants... I have also learnt about algae, I kept algae on the back and sides of the tank and now know that certain algae types mean different things and a bit of algae is actually healthy, but different algae requires different cleaning methods.
Da11as

Postby Da11as » Thu May 08, 2014 12:59 am

It has been forever since I last posted on here and haven't things changed, plants , don't know what type though in the 4' tank, Angels cut down to 2x, but laying eggs every 2nd day... albeit they get eaten by them, the SAE has been moved on, still have 2x BN's, Kuhli loaches, 2x black widows 2x rummy nose that are still kickin'. Not sure how though... I don't even test the water now, I go by my fish and plants, occasionally add flourish, get fed every 2 - 3 days and I will try to get photos to show how it has all changed.
Da11as

Previous

Return to Journals